Monday, August 24, 2020

The Eightfold Path of Yoga

Bhahti-Devotional
Hatha-Asana
Laya-Chakra
Mantra-Resonance
Pranayama-Breath
Raja-Thought 
Tantra-the Way
Yantra-the Equation

These are the disciplines that I study and practice.

I started my Yoga Journey in Fresno California with Violet Fulton in 1987.

When I talk about Yoga most people misunderstand because for the westerner the only marketable form of Yoga is focusing on the Asana.

Hatha Yoga in the East is considered the Kindergarten of Yoga because it is the foundation or cornerstone that supports the whole edifice of the Temple.

If you practice any kind of Spirituality or Magic (practice not just believe in) then you already are practicing all eight of these in varying degrees of proportion.

Yoga is a collection of techniques and not beliefs.  They are ways of harnessing each of your energetic aspects into one focal point, you. 

What ever Spiritual Path you walk Yoga Practice can and will help you to consciously refine and perfect your practice.

I was Initiated into the Coven of the Golden Ram during the first year that I began my Yoga Journey.  Early on I saw parralels in the two disciplines so it made sense to me to apply yoga techniques to my Magickal practice.  Sometimes to fill in the blanks or sort out the blinds when studying and working with various Grimoires.  

This proved to be very beneficial for me and allowed me to incorporate various Yoga techniques into my daily Magickal practice.  I definitely recommend practitioners look into the Eightfold Path of Yoga if you want to optimize your own Spiritual Practice. 
 
An Sek Tuau ✨🦄✨

No comments:

Post a Comment